Conveniently Secure Your Funds
CDARS® offers multiple benefits to investors who want to combine the security of access to FDIC insurance with the convenience of working directly with First National Bank of Michigan as their local financial institution.
FNBM’s CDARS® service offers you:
- Peace of Mind — You can access multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance on CD investments.
- One Relationship — You work directly with our financial institution.
- One Rate — You negotiate one interest rate per maturity on CD investments placed through CDARS® and there is no need to negotiate multiple rates or tally disbursements for each CD.
- One Statement — You receive one regular statement detailing your CD investments. You no longer need to manually consolidate statements at the end of each month, quarter, or year.
- No Hidden Fees — You will not be charged annual fees, subscription fees, or transaction fees for using CDARS®. The rate you see is the rate you get.
- No Ongoing Collateralization — Because CDARS® deposits are eligible for FDIC protection, you can eliminate ongoing collateral tracking.
- A Wide Variety of Maturities — You are able to select from various maturities ranging from 4 to 260 weeks (5 years) and choose the terms that best suit your investment needs.
- Community Investment — The full amount of your funds can support lending initiatives that strengthen your local community .
Bank Safe, Bank Smart®.
For assistance, please contact Jennifer Nemecek, Treasury Management Manager.
 When deposited funds are exchanged on a dollar-for-dollar basis with other banks that use CDARS, our bank can use the full amount of a deposit placed through CDARS for local lending, satisfying some depositors’ local investment goals or mandates. Alternatively, with a depositor’s consent, our bank may choose to receive fee income instead of deposits from other banks. Under these circumstances, deposited funds would not be available for local lending.
Deposit placement through CDARS or ICS is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures in applicable agreements. Although deposits are placed in increments that do not exceed the FDIC standard maximum deposit insurance amount (“SMDIA”) at any one destination bank, a depositor’s balances at the institution that places deposits may exceed the SMDIA (e.g., before settlement for deposits or after settlement for withdrawals) or be uninsured (if the placing institution is not an insured bank). The depositor must make any necessary arrangements to protect such balances consistent with applicable law and must determine whether placement through CDARS or ICS satisfies any restrictions on its deposits. A list identifying IntraFi network banks appears at https://www.intrafi.com/network-banks. The depositor may exclude banks from eligibility to receive its funds. IntraFi and CDARS are registered service marks, and the IntraFi hexagon and IntraFi logo are service marks, of IntraFi Network LLC.
The FNBM Difference Working for You
We believe in local leadership and local decision making.
We understand that direct access to your banker is important.
We know the importance of giving back to our community.
Learn more about why First National Bank of Michigan is right for you.