Protect Your Identity
August 26, 2022
Protecting your identity and personal information is extremely important.
Scammers today are finding intrusive and creative ways to obtain your sensitive information. Being informed about the tactics scammers use is a wonderful way to help protect yourself from identity fraud and scams.
Helpful hints for safeguarding your personal information
- Do not respond to unsolicited requests for your personal information.
- Retrieve your mail promptly from your mailbox and shred mail that contains personal information.
- Always use electronic statement and billing options when available.
- Watch for unauthorized transactions on bank and credit card statements.
- Minimize the amount of personal information written on printed checks.
- Do NOT carry your social security card.
- Review your credit report once a year.
Posted in Security Updates